Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 14 (Thursday 11-3-2011): St. Anthony to Wyoming border


Day 14 started off with an excellent homecooked breakfast of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. As I had run out of chain lube, I borrowed some of Jack's to fix my squeaky chain and also lubricated the rear derailleur cable housing that was causing my shifter cable to stick horribly, thus causing poor upshifting. Jack himself was getting ready to go mountain biking with some friends on some nearby trails later that morning.


After bidding Jack and Pat farewell and thanking them for their kind hospitality, I set off from their house around 10AM with the goal of makng it to Wyoming by that evening. Nothing too much notable along the way other than seeing the Teton Range from the western side. The Cathedral Group is pretty impressive – much more so than any other mountain peaks that I've seen!
Towards the end of the day as I passed through Victor along a bike trail in the town park I cam across a sign stating 'Cyclocross Course.' Of course I had to ride it, especially considering that I missed racing in the Seattle race! It was pretty fun course and had some cool banked berms to ride. I was able to ride all of (albeit slowly) except for a stair stepped incline and I skirted the barriers (no tape was set up). As night closed in, I biked a few miles further and set up for the night in a campground right on the other side of the Wyoming border before the start of the Teton Pass climb. I finally had non-rocky soil so driving the tent pegs into the ground wasn't as big of an issue this time around.



No comments: